Re: Wow, we're famous, was WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)

Salz, Rich wrote:

By the way, the discussion was “there is no US consensus, so the IETF
shouldn’t do anything.” I pointed out that the presumption is wrong.

According to NYT article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/technology/racist-computer-engineering-terms-ietf.html

: Now the organization is tackling an even thornier issue:
: getting rid of computer engineering terms that evoke
: racist history, like "master" and "slave" and "whitelist"
: and "blacklist."

unless there is US consensus that there are "computer
engineering terms that evoke racist history", we don't
have to do anything.

That's what NYT article says.

And, as you can see, so many people think "slave" has
nothing especially to do with recent slavery in US.

For me, even if there were, I don't think we must do something.

							Masataka Ohta