Re: Wow, we're famous, was WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)

On 4/14/2021 8:32 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:

'll agree with "we don't know". A reliable poll on the issue would be interesting, though I suspect it's hard to craft questions that everyone would agree weren't leading.

I think we should be quite cautious before deriving too much from the comments section of the NYT. Bron, I did read the two comments that you quoted, and I wonder to what extent the comment starting by "I'm a black engineer" is genuine. It may well be, the student loan situation that is mentioned there is indeed often a form of indentured service, there are many much greater ills affecting black people in America, so that's plausible. But there is also a fairly substantial amount of false flag commentary in online discussions.

As far as I am concerned, I already said I wished this issue was resolved already and I don't understand what is taking so long. But I think the quoted statement from Lars is fair. Let's follow the process, and reach a consensus with a stable basis.

-- Christian Huitema