Re: IETF LLC & IETF Participation from USA-sanctioned countries

On 7/3/21 16:14, Christian Huitema wrote:
[....]

This is not exactly an issue of prejudice. AFAIK, we do not have checks to verify that some new subscriber to an IETF working group is not accessing the server from a penalized country through a VPN, or any such workaround.

FWIW, at the very least, I was wondering what would be the effect of things for folks that openly and truthfully employ email addresses from e.g. ccTLDs from said countries, or that indicate a postal address from one of said countries when registering to an IETF meeting.

It is probably much wiser to let sleeping dogs lie.

I would expect that said folks would probably want to know what to expect, other than e.g. giving it a try and learning about it the hard (and sad) way.

I guess I also wonder, in the case of document what the implications are (if any) for said folks, as well for fellow co-authors (who might participate from non-sanctioned countries).

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks