Re: HTML for email

On 3/1/21 6:32 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

(FWIW, I myself perennially find myself reminding people that the official
IETF mail archive (web) service only displays the text/plain component, so
things like color and <div>s for quoting/indentation are lost.)

To me it seems like an "official" archive needs to preserve messages in the formats in which they were submitted, or as close to that as possible.

I can certainly understand if the web interface to such an archive doesn't support every aspect of MIME, or if it is careful about what HTML (or JS, or...) it presents to the reader.   But losing color and indentation seems very sub-optimal.

It's just a simple matter of (yet more) programming I suppose. And the devil is in the details.

Keith