Re: HTML for email

On Mon, Mar 01, 2021 at 05:22:38PM -0600, Nico Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2021 at 10:34:01AM -0800, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

> > > And breaks privacy.  I find it ironic that the IETF seems to devote
> > > forests to combating a slight possibility of privacy being impaired,
> > > something that I see bordering on an obsession, but actively supports
> > > HTML e-mail which drives a coach and horses through privacy.
> >
> > I don't think I understand what you refer to by "actively supports HTML
> > e-mail".  Could you please clarify?
>
> To me it was clear that Tom meant "some IETF participants", not
> something more formal like that the IAB has said HTML email is awesome
> or whatever.

That would make a lot of sense, though even with your prompt I'm having a
hard time getting from Tom's text to yours.

(FWIW, I myself perennially find myself reminding people that the official
IETF mail archive (web) service only displays the text/plain component, so
things like color and <div>s for quoting/indentation are lost.)

-Ben