Re: [Gendispatch] Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 22:56, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

Il 25/02/2021 21:49 Eric Rescorla <ekr@xxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

I do think it made it easier for people to get involved, in part because it was easy to offer small changes without subscribing to a list, etc. It certainly made it easier to accept such contributions.
My experience is the exact opposite - there were a number of times in which I wanted to propose text for a document, but then I was pointed at Github, and I am not at ease with it and did not have a lot of time for it. So I gave up or, rather than working on actual text, I just replied on the mailing list making my points and suggestions in a more general way. Unfortunately, this makes your points less likely to be included, since the authors would have to make the effort to write the text for you, or, even if you provide text on the mailing list, the effort to copy and turn it into a pull request.

Hmm.  Do you have some examples of this that you can point at?

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx