Re: [OAUTH-WG] Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021, at 09:39, Eric Rescorla wrote:
Replying to Rifaat's e-mail but not replying to him specifically.

Hi folks,

I don't think the question of whether OAuth is a good or bad WG group is really a productive one in general, and it's especially hard for me to see how it's going to let us make progress on questions of DEI. This seems like precisely the kind of thing that's going to lead to a bunch of hard feelings without making progress. I think we can all agree that the IETF culture isn't perfect and that there are cases where we make it hard for new people to get involved, so maybe we could focus instead on those aspects of our culture.

I would suggest that if people have problems with the way the OAuth WG is being run they ought to take it up with the AD (Roman Danyliw), or, failing that, on the IETF list.

Agree - and sorry for derailing the conversation with this thing!

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx