RE: Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

Hi!

From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Bron Gondwana
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:47 AM
To: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <rifaat.s.ietf@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx; oauth@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 23:40, Rifaat Shekh-Yusef wrote:

So you have never reached out to us to try to bring any work to the WG, and based on attending one meeting and hearing from a few people, you formed a strong opinion and declared that "nothing would get done"? that seems odd.

Based on a few meetings, and having heard from many people.

For your information, last year we published 4 RFCs, and we already have 3 documents with the IESG and more to come.

That's good to hear.

[Roman] In addition to regular cadence of proposed standard publications noted above, I would additionally note that all of these documents came with a model behavior of multiple implementations by WGLC – typically 3+.  The WG has not only managed to steadily complete its work items in the IETF but also interest an implementor community to ensure this work is used.

Regards,

Roman