Re: Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:30 AM Roman Danyliw <rdd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Bron Gondwana
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:47 AM
To: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <rifaat.s.ietf@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx; oauth@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 23:40, Rifaat Shekh-Yusef wrote:

So you have never reached out to us to try to bring any work to the WG, and based on attending one meeting and hearing from a few people, you formed a strong opinion and declared that "nothing would get done"? that seems odd.

Based on a few meetings, and having heard from many people.

For your information, last year we published 4 RFCs, and we already have 3 documents with the IESG and more to come.

That's good to hear.

[Roman] In addition to regular cadence of proposed standard publications noted above, I would additionally note that all of these documents came with a model behavior of multiple implementations by WGLC – typically 3+.  The WG has not only managed to steadily complete its work items in the IETF but also interest an implementor community to ensure this work is used.

And way back when I was AD, OAuth was by far the most productive working group I managed.  They put out what felt like about 3 documents a meeting for full publication.  I was the AD for 3 years, ending in 2017 when EKR became an AD.

There was a bit of management as a result of the number of experts and varying use cases for their environments, but even with that, OAuth was very productive.  Since your document was 2016, I was likely the AD.  Yes, the meetings had challenges at times, but we worked through it and things got done.

Best regards,
Kathleen

Regards,

Roman