Re: Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

> On 24 Feb 2021, at 2:20 am, Kathleen Moriarty <kathleen.moriarty.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> And way back when I was AD, OAuth was by far the most productive working group I managed.  They put out what felt like about 3 documents a meeting for full publication.  I was the AD for 3 years, ending in 2017 when EKR became an AD.
>
> There was a bit of management as a result of the number of experts and varying use cases for their environments, but even with that, OAuth was very productive.  Since your document was 2016, I was likely the AD.  Yes, the meetings had challenges at times, but we worked through it and things got done.

Measuring productivity through the number of documents published is not a good habit for us to get into; it gives incentive to all of the wrong kinds of behaviours. Having some success metrics for our work has come up in the IAB a few times, but we haven't made much progress.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/