Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: Advancing the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) to Internet Standard

> > Would it be acceptable to change the text in the status-change
> > document to clarify the situation with respect to Whois?
>
> Yes.  In my original note, I wrote, as one option "...could be
> done by ... [or]  by a revised statement justifying the change
> in maturity level".   That would certainly be consistent with
> the above.

Does this work for you?  If not, please adjust and counter-propose:

OLD
This status change, therefore, requests a change in status for RFCs
7480 and 7481 from Proposed Standard to Internet Standard.

NEW
This status change, therefore, requests a change in status for RFCs
7480 and 7481 from Proposed Standard to Internet Standard.

While it is a stated goal in RFC 7480 that "RDAP is a successor
protocol to the very old WHOIS protocol," WHOIS remains widely
deployed and in active use, and is likely to be so for some time.  This
action addresses only the maturity of RDAP itself, and makes no
statement nor implication about WHOIS.

END

Barry