Re: NomCom 2020 Announcement of Selections

        > Agreed. The problem here is not whether incumbents are re-appointed,
        > but why the pool of candidates lacks diversity. This is not exactly a
        > new problem.

The risk in making this kind of argument is that it enlarges the problem so that people get dismayed, or other feelings, and nothing gets done. There was some diversity in the current pool of candidates and almost none of it showed up in the slate that was selected. Not being privy to the discussions or interviews, I am *NOT* saying they did it wrong. I am just looking at observable outcomes. If diversity and inclusion is important to the IETF membership, we can work on that.

>    Ask the current ADs why this isn't more diverse.

It's not only the current ADs responsibility. In any given year, half the AD's are incumbents, almost always running for re-election. Unconscious bias seems to make it hard for them to find "good" candidates. Not totally true, but also more true than not.