Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-crocker-inreply-react-06.txt> (React: Indicating Summary Reaction to a Message) to Experimental RFC

On 1/22/2021 2:18 PM, Ned Freed wrote:
It's gotten deployment, at some scale.  It hasn't gotten deployment, at
some scale.

Or maybe:  It is / isn't being used, at some scale.

That's as much as the IETF needs to know, since that's as much as the
IETF usually (ever) looks for.

I would hope for a little more than that. If it doesn't deploy, it would
be interesting to know why. Similarly, if it does, it would be interesting
to know what additional technical underpinnings could or should be
standardized.

I was focused on musts. The IETF typically does not reflect on the reasons for failures. I'd wish otherwise, but... it is what it is.(*)

As for success analysis, I'll class that as out of scope. Not bad to do, of course, but beyond the current work.

d/

(*) I tried to get an activity going that looked at exactly such issues. In spite of ISOC and IETF management making quite a to-do of it, it had zero update. Not a single effort to build upon the base of work, from before its release:

     https://trac.tools.ietf.org/misc/outcomes/

https://www.ietfjournal.org/ietf-outcomes-an-interview-with-dave-crocker/

--
Dave Crocker