Re: Old directions in social media.

On 1/6/21 1:07 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

Frankly, the "grey beards" [I'm literally one now] who say that they can't
learn github are really telling me that they are too old for "running code",
and my message is: retire.
Sorry to be mean, but you are telling me that you can't learn new tricks.

It's not the lack of willingness to learn new tools that's the problem, it's the lack of willingness to use tools which are extremely dysfunctional and which marginalize large numbers of participants, when we have much better tools already.

Granted, email is not as usable as it used to be.  Plain text email now looks like a virtue (in hindsight) because there were a lot fewer things to break.

Keith

p.s. I find ageism completely inappropriate, even (or perhaps especially) when it comes from people who believe they are old enough to be inappropriate.