Re: Old directions in social media.

What Wes said.
Frankly, email got put in the ICU by Outlook and then killed when Apple Mail
replicated all the mis-features, rather than mitigated them.
People in the IETF couldn't even be bothered to get "format=flowed"
marked right on text/plain.
I, like Keith, I think, wish text/rich had succeeded.

I'm not convinced that teens don't want email, but rather that they don't want Outlook.
But, I don't have the same context that Wes has: my context is through my
teenager and his friends.

I have used git (and CVS before) to manage Internet drafts, and migrated to
github issues only in the last two years.

Frankly, the "grey beards" [I'm literally one now] who say that they can't
learn github are really telling me that they are too old for "running code",
and my message is: retire.
Sorry to be mean, but you are telling me that you can't learn new tricks.

I know (and collaborate with) a number of very grey beards who are almost 2x
my age and they learn new stuff all the time.

I use github extensively *as a design team*.
I don't really want the entire WG to use it to be honest.

This recurring thread from the same people year after year is tiresome, and I
read Wes' message only because it was Wes.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )