Re: Old directions in social media.

I do not understand why tools need to be limited by the least common denominator for the IETF as a whole, or limited to 1982 technology. Why is it such a burden to ask people to learn a new tool once every 3 decades or so? Clearly, git (along with related tooling, such as kramdown) is of great value to many because they've spread across the IETF at (for this group) an incredibly rapid pace.

IMO, a better response to the challenges posed by useful new tooling is to make it more accessible, not to prohibit it.

Kyle