Re: Documenting our legacies

On 12/28/20 4:04 PM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:
At the risk of being accused of self-promotion, documenting Internet history is kind
of a side-effect of documenting “current and emerging” technologies, protocols and
even policies. We did this with ConneXions—The Interoperability Report for example,
and you can see the complete archive of 117 issues here:

http://www.cbi.umn.edu/hostedpublications/Connexions/index.html

A lot of interesting history there, including that whole “Components of OSI" saga,
Network Management Wars, FTP’s Tiresome Problems, “What does the IAB Do, Anyway?”
3270 over Telnet, ISDN, SMDS, FDDI, X.25, and much, much more. Enjoy!

We’re continuing this tradition today with The Internet Protocol Journal, see:

http://www.protocoljournal.org

Your input to what will eventually become “history” is always welcome!

Oh yeah, I forgot about your journal! I guess what I'm worried about most of all is that there is sort of a Rosetta Stone that translates for future generations where to find everything (yes the analogy is tortured, forgive me). It would be good to leave behind as much as possible from as many angles as possible.

Mike