Re: Documenting our legacies

At the risk of being accused of self-promotion, documenting Internet history is kind
of a side-effect of documenting “current and emerging” technologies, protocols and
even policies. We did this with ConneXions—The Interoperability Report for example,
and you can see the complete archive of 117 issues here:

http://www.cbi.umn.edu/hostedpublications/Connexions/index.html

A lot of interesting history there, including that whole “Components of OSI" saga,
Network Management Wars, FTP’s Tiresome Problems, “What does the IAB Do, Anyway?”
3270 over Telnet, ISDN, SMDS, FDDI, X.25, and much, much more. Enjoy!

We’re continuing this tradition today with The Internet Protocol Journal, see:

http://www.protocoljournal.org

Your input to what will eventually become “history” is always welcome!

Ole

> The vehicle is sort of irrelevant more than that the IETF or somebody like it own it so it doesn't get lost to history. If there is an available vehicle, so much the better.
>
> Mike

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal