Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08.txt> (Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee Eligibility) to Experimental RFC

Hi,

So I have review the document and have some comments and questions.

A) Section 4, Path 2:
Path 2: Has been a Working Group Chair or Secretary within the 3 years prior
to the day the call for nomcom volunteers is sent to the community.

Am I correct that the datatracker database will be the data source used to
asses this criteria? Should that be explicitly mentioned?

Secondly, I think I will show up in this data set when it is run this summer
because I am currently listed as chair for TSVAREA, which is listed as group
but isn't a WG. Has this source of faults been considered?

) Section 4:

Path 3: Has been a listed author or editor (on the front page) of at least 2
IETF stream RFCs within the last 5 years prior to the day the call for
nomcom volunteers is sent to the community. An Internet-Draft that has been
approved by the IESG and is in the RFC Editor queue counts the same as a
published RFC (with the relevant date being the date the draft was added to
the RFC editor queue). So the 5 year timer extends back to the date 5 years
before the date when the call for nomcom volunteers is sent to the
community.

As I unfortunately have managed to write a document for various reasons
spent more than 5 years in Missref (C238). So if I interpret this correct,
assuming C238 is published prior to the call for volunteers next year I will
get approved for this, despite that the document are more than 5 years since
they entered the RFC-editor queue. I don't think this needs to be addressed
as it is a corner case and will affect very few. However, having a document
stay in the RFC-editor queue for a long time makes this rule apply for very
long time. I don't know how big the effect of this would be, but we have a
large set of C238 authors that will if this rule is used for the future have
their nomcom eligibility extend for another 5 years, even if they haven't
been active and participating by the publication of C238.

Otherwise it looks good.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund