Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-06.txt> (Security Considerations for Transient Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols) to Best Current Practice

Joe,

I think we have gone through this before. Folks (including you) raise objections. I note that the claim has no basis or ask a question which clearly shows the objection has no basis, and they omit the question, stop responding, or switch to something else.

First it was the algorithms this document was requiring -- but it doesn't require any.

Now the problem is the title.

I have already started to write down the objections each folk has raised, the questions me, Ivan or the Security AD asked, and how they were not responded to.

At the end of the day it's up to the AD to judge if valid concerns have been raised, or whther folks are simply trying to thwart this effort.

For folks that want a longer explanation, please refer to Theo de Raadt's post: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/last-call/4h6S6Ymw9knoJFKGVQe0bM4JMwE/

Constructive comments -- of which I've seen virtually none -- are welcome, as always.

Thanks,
Fernando