Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-06.txt> (Security Considerations for Transient Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols) to Best Current Practice

> On Dec 13, 2020, at 1:54 PM, Eric Rescorla <ekr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My position is that modern practice is to design protocols that have encryption
> (this is strongly encouraged by RFC 7258 and also is just what we're doing)
> and this document neither (a) engages with that nor (b) provides particularly
> helpful guidance for encrypted protoco

+1

I don’t like the idea of over-specification to provide partial privacy or security.

If we want or expect that, encryption is required, not these methods. These only make implementations that properly employ security needlessly complex.

Joe