Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08.txt> (Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee Eligibility) to Experimental RFC

>> I have read the most recent version of this document, and I support this experiment.
>>
>> I find this part of Section 2 confusing:
>>
>>   The experiment will initially cover the IETF Nominating Committee
>>   cycle that begins in 2021.  As soon as the 2021-2022 Nominating
>>   Committee is seated, the IESG must consult the 2021-2022 Nominating
>>   Committee chair and the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee chair and
>>   publish a report on the results of the experiment.  Points to be
>>   considered are whether the experiment has produced a sufficiently
>>   large and diverse pool of individuals, and whether enough of those
>>   individuals have volunteered to produce a representative Nominating
>>   Committee with good knowledge of the IETF.  If possible, a comparison
>>   with results from the previous procedure (i.e., RFC 8713) should be
>>   made.
>>
>> As soon as the next NomCom Chair is seated,
>
> No, you've misread it slightly. It says "As soon as the 2021-2022 Nominating *Committee* is seated" (emphasis added). Admittedly, that's before the 2021-22 NomCom Chair has actually chaired any meetings, so I wouldn't expect the consultation to be done instantly. Does that help?

I see.  I did misread that one word.  To avoid others doing the same, would it be better to say: "Between Date X and Date Y, the IESG must consult with the current NomCom Chair and the Past NomCom Chais ..."

Russ