Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08.txt> (Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee Eligibility) to Experimental RFC

Russ,

On 10-Dec-20 11:12, Russ Housley wrote:
> I have read the most recent version of this document, and I support this experiment.
>
> I find this part of Section 2 confusing:
>
>    The experiment will initially cover the IETF Nominating Committee
>    cycle that begins in 2021.  As soon as the 2021-2022 Nominating
>    Committee is seated, the IESG must consult the 2021-2022 Nominating
>    Committee chair and the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee chair and
>    publish a report on the results of the experiment.  Points to be
>    considered are whether the experiment has produced a sufficiently
>    large and diverse pool of individuals, and whether enough of those
>    individuals have volunteered to produce a representative Nominating
>    Committee with good knowledge of the IETF.  If possible, a comparison
>    with results from the previous procedure (i.e., RFC 8713) should be
>    made.
>
> As soon as the next NomCom Chair is seated,

No, you've misread it slightly. It says "As soon as the 2021-2022 Nominating *Committee* is seated" (emphasis added). Admittedly, that's before the 2021-22 NomCom Chair has actually chaired any meetings, so I wouldn't expect the consultation to be done instantly. Does that help?

> the IESG is going to consent with them and Barbara about the results of the in-progress experiment.  At that point, next NomCom Chair will not have issued the call for volunteers, so the number of volunteers will not yet be known.  I suspect this is an off by one error, and this review it to happen as soon as the 2022-2023 NomCom Chair is named.
>
> Nits:

Noted.

Thanks
    Brian