Re: Terminology discussion threads

On 8/17/20 10:30 AM, Warren Kumari wrote:

This list might not be where the technical work gets done, but it is
one of the places where community is built. And a community matters
for technical discussions, especially when there is dissenting opinion
or a contentious topic.

AND it's a place where community can be DESTROYED - by beating a dead horse to death, then continuing to pollute the airwaves like the stink of a dead woodchuck under the porch - driving people away.

So I would like to ask you, personally, to see if you can stay here
and continue providing feedback (appropriately), so that the right
changes can be affected.

Might be nice to ALSO ask folks to get off their high horses after having their say - and allowing for the possibility that one doesn't have to beat people over the head, repeatedly, to get a point across.

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown