Re: On plenary functions

On 8/17/20 11:06 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:

I wonder if we should have a daily message limit, at least at the thread level, and if people couldn’t hold themselves to that, then at the aggregate level.  That allows for due process, fair warning, and a bit more inclusivity, perhaps even leading to people giving a lot of thought before they press <send>.

On the flip side, it also encourages "piling on" - lots of people trying to shout down one or two lone voices knowing that those voices can only respond to a few messages.

(That's part of why I've never been a huge fan of the weekly message volume summaries.   Another part is that byte count is not a good proxy for message text volume, though that part could be fixed.)

Keith