Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Hi Dan, Victor,
At 11:43 AM 07-08-2020, Dan Harkins wrote:
  Oh please, spare me the [removed] privilege schtick. We both know
what we are talking about and that is the discussion on
draft-knodel-terminology and whether ON THAT TOPIC you are in the
"in crowd" or the "out crowd".

  You know what else is privileged? Company affiliation! I noticed my
opinion at IETF was discounted considerably when I left Cisco for a
start-up. Not part of the influential crowd anymore. So I'm keenly
aware of privilege at the IETF, don't worry about that.

The discussion (please see topic) in another venue, which is unrelated to the IETF, turned into a United Stated v/s rest of the world arguments. I didn't understand why you took a strong position until I read your latest messages. For what it worth, I understood some of the arguments in your review, e.g. the $64 required to access the first two references.

3. You keep demanding evidence, even after several people have agreed there is a problem here. There's a word for this style of debate: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

  Oh, so several people agreeing closes off discussion, no evidence needed,
just a "I'm standing up for the little guy".

  I guess those several people are in the "in crowd", the privileged ones.
They are so privileged they merely need to refer to their existence to
squelch debate. Impressive!

It was customary to close a discussion or ignore a question when someone asked something which was inconvenient, e.g. a modicum of data, evidence, etc. I came across that for 7704. There is more than one problem in the thread. I would not bother to locate them.