Re: List of volunteers for the 2020-2021 NomCom

The whole business of NomCom eligibility is based on the assumption that
the list of eligible people can be generated automatically from objective
date. Anything that requires human interpretation is simply out of the
question. It doesn't scale. Even human interpretation of affiliation seems
like a burden on the NomCom chair, but would be a bit hard to automate.
Calling for human interpretation of CoI declarations is unreasonable,
as far as I can see, and exposes the NomCom chair to challenge.

Updating the objective eligibility criteria has its own list
(eligibility-discuss@xxxxxxxx).

Regards
   Brian