Re: List of volunteers for the 2020-2021 NomCom

Toerless,

As Spencer says, the current rule (which is well documented in section 4.17 of RFC 8713) is intended (for better or worse) to prevent NomCom from being made up of a small set of affiliations.

I think that we're all in agreement that the more diversity in the I*, the better. Which implies that the more diversity on the NomCom, the better. However, there are very few levers that the IETF actually has to produce NomCom diversity other than affiliation.

If you have a better idea, propose an update to RFC 8713.

Cheers,
Andy