Re: List of volunteers for the 2020-2021 NomCom

>  But we're obviously not trusted to do so
    when working for a large employer.

I don't believe this is correct.  The individuals are trusted, but the risk is that the large employer will "flood the field."

>    Why are big vendors the only aspect we try to protect NOMCOM
    against ?

Because those are the main potential adversary of trying to tip the playing field to get their staff into leadership.

>    "we don't know how to do better, but if you have an
     idea, please bring it forward".

Isn't that implicit in everything the IETF does?