Re: Change in IPR policies

John

The registration form at https://registration.ietf.org/registration/108/new/remote/ asks you to tick "I have read and understand the IETF Note Well" - is that not what you were expecting or have I missed something?

> (2) There is a very specific and, as far as I know, completely
> new, prohibition against distribution or broadcasting of any
> meeting-related discussion or events.  That seems like a giant
> step away from the IETF's tradition of openness and free
> availability of materials.

I need to check, but I think the intent there was to restrict livestreaming and nothing else as the combination of live streaming + open jabber rooms would effectively allow participation without registration.  Once I’ve reviewed I will get that corrected.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director