Re: Change in IPR policies

I think the intent there was to restrict livestreaming and nothing else as the combination of live streaming + open jabber rooms would effectively allow participation without registration.  Once I’ve reviewed I will get that corrected.

Is this so ? I understand that IETF LLC wants to make money ... after all Hollywood makes money for film makers too.

So if I do not pay I can not participate (meaning present or even ask questions live), but why I can not even watch it live as passive user ?

I must wait some time after it ends to passively watch and start asking questions on the mailing list ? Is there some other reason for such rules other then squeeze more cash ?

Sorry but this all simply is not what IETF used to be.. This is becoming like a commercial institution with clear business objectives where standards and IETF are becoming just elements to fill the bank accounts.

Rgs,
R.