UWB - Ultra Wide Band - still experimental

Hi Folk:

I'm investigating Ultra Wide Band and TCP/IP applications.

Anyone here heard of UWB - ultra wide band.  A technology which looks to
have alot of potential to support TCP/IP protocols.  Unfortunately so far
all i have found are a few research papers - some news hype - and your FCC
regulations in the making but not much in the area of working networks
using UWB nor equipment.

Can anyone give me some pointers on equipment available, and pretty well
anything else which might be helpful from a tcp/ip point of view .. etc.
etc.

thanks
joe