Re: Architectural Considerations section in specs

Stephen Sprunk wrote:
>And you're conflating ambiguous addressing with scoping.

It seems that we have two different definitions of "scoping" in use.
One type of scope refers to the area in which an address is routeable;
this is about reachability and filtering.  The other type of scope is
the area in which an address can meaningfully be used to refer to the
addressed entity; this is about uniqueness and ambiguity.  Let's all,
please, be clear about which one we're arguing about at each point,
because a lot of the discussion here has been derailed by jumps between
them.

-zefram