question about draft-irtf-nsrg-report-09.txt

<quote>
4. Conclusions or Questions

   The NSRG was not able to come to unanimity as to whether an
   architectural change is needed.
</quote>

There has been a lot of discussion about the separation of identifiers
and locators (in various forms) on the multi6, ipv6 and ietf lists.
A lot of people seem to think this is in some form needed.

I would like to know the arguments against such a change. I don't
think the document has much text about this. It lists a lot of
questions. But most are more "how" than "why" questions. Are there
many people fundamentally against a change and if so, why?

	rvdp