Re: Mul-TFRC (draft-welzl-multfrc-00)

Hi,

Looking at the current charter, the goals set for the DCCP working group have been mostly accomplished, apart from "guidance to potential users". I guess technically it would be possible to re-charter the working group to something like "DCCP maintenance and New CCIDs", but it is unclear to me how much there is demand for such re-chartering at the moment. Maybe this is something we can shortly discuss in Hiroshima meeting.

I have sympathies for using DCCP as a framework for experimenting with new congestion control algorithms, and it would be nice if such experimentations did not require heavyweight administrative process. One thing we might do is to give guidelines for conducting such experimentations, for example regarding how to use the experimental CCID range defined in RFC 4340.

The current MulTFRC specifies a congestion control method, not a CCID. So to me ICCRG would not seem totally wrong place to do such work. RFCs can come out of RGs, too, right?

- Pasi