Re: udev fork

Greg KH wrote:

What dependencies?  Run time?  Build time?  And why are dependencies
bad?  Do you have no ram in your system for them?

The configure scripts require packages that are not in LFS. We do not want to add them just to satisfy a systemd build that we don't want. However creating a custom Makefile to build udev from the current systemd sources was not particularly hard.

Personally, I think running a Linux system without systemd is a deadend,
but hey, what do I know about these things?  :)

I understand that big distros only want to support one methodology, but in my opinion systemd is a solution only needed by a very small percentage of users. It is quite opaque for new users trying to understand the boot process. We don't use an initrd for the same reason.

The nice thing about Linux is that one size does not have to fit all.

  -- Bruce
     linuxfromscratch.org - Your distro, your rules.