Re: udev fork

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 05:49:52PM +0000, sickmind@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that many people do not like the way udev development went
> recently,

What specifically are you objecting to?

> therefore we have a systemd-free fork of udev.

udev works without systemd running on the system just fine for me,
doesn't it for you?

> At the moment most of the changes (except for systemd integration)
> have been ported, and no stability issues are noticed. I hope it will
> be useful for those who don't like systemd being pushed in their
> systems.
>
> P.S. This maillist seems to be dead for quite a while and most of the
> discussion moved to systemd-related lists, so I hope nobody would mind
> if we use it as our primary maillist.

Who is "we"?

And note, if you are forking udev (which is fine by me, no objections),
be careful with the release numbers and naming, to keep others from
getting confused.

thanks,

greg k-h