From: Jan Willamowius [mailto:jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 9:39 PM
To: openh323gk-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  ASTERISK H323 GATEWAY, GNUGK , OpenMCU +
POLYCOM HDX: TOTAL UNIFIED COMMUNICATOR

Thats true; its documented (or at least it has been said publicly on the
mailinglist) that Yate doesn't support video in the H.323/SIP
conversion.

To my knowledge there is no OpenSource H.323/SIP gateway that supports
video, but I never tried Freeswitch + mod_opal. Has anyone on the list
tried it ?

Regards,
Jan

Ian Blenke wrote:
> I've found the same problem with YATE's SIP/H.323 conversion. For the
> life of me, I can't get video working. It looks like the video is
> stubbed out for now in the source.
>
> The only other promising lead is the newer mod_opal stuff in
> Freeswitch, which is still a bit of a monster to grok.
>
> Is anyone aware of any other OpenSource SIP/H.323 gateways that work with
video?

>  - Ian Blenke <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Jan Willamowius <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > Hi Sam,
> >
> > one thing to note is that Asterisk can only do SIP/H.323 conversion
> > (without RTP transcoding) for audio calls, not for video.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan
> >

> > Muro, Sam wrote:
> >> Hi there
> >>
> >> Im planning to create a VC solution using
> >> - Asterisk (To act as a bridge between ISDN network and the IP) with
> >> SIP/H323 transcoding
> >> - GNUGK for Gatekeeper Role
> >> - OpenMCU for Multipoint bridging and administration
> >> - Polycom HDX for EndPoint
> >>
> >> I have a good knowledge on the asterisk side and Polycom but very
newbie
> >> on GNUGK and OpenMCU.
> >>
> >> Is there anyone out there who has done the same setup and ready to
share
> >> the configs or lead me though this
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Sam

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
19:34:00