Re: ASTERISK H323 GATEWAY, GNUGK , OpenMCU + POLYCOM HDX: TOTAL UNIFIED COMMUNICATOR

I've found the same problem with YATE's SIP/H.323 conversion. For the
life of me, I can't get video working. It looks like the video is
stubbed out for now in the source.

The only other promising lead is the newer mod_opal stuff in
Freeswitch, which is still a bit of a monster to grok.

Is anyone aware of any other OpenSource SIP/H.323 gateways that work with video?

 - Ian Blenke <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Jan Willamowius <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> one thing to note is that Asterisk can only do SIP/H.323 conversion
> (without RTP transcoding) for audio calls, not for video.
>
> Regards,
> Jan
>

> Muro, Sam wrote:
>> Hi there
>>
>> Im planning to create a VC solution using
>> - Asterisk (To act as a bridge between ISDN network and the IP) with
>> SIP/H323 transcoding
>> - GNUGK for Gatekeeper Role
>> - OpenMCU for Multipoint bridging and administration
>> - Polycom HDX for EndPoint
>>
>> I have a good knowledge on the asterisk side and Polycom but very newbie
>> on GNUGK and OpenMCU.
>>
>> Is there anyone out there who has done the same setup and ready to share
>> the configs or lead me though this
>>
>> Regards
>> Sam
>
> --
> Jan Willamowius, jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.gnugk.org/

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

- Ian Blenke <ian@xxxxxxxxxx> http://ian.blenke.com

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev