Re: PacPhone OR Tandberg works, how about both?

Hi,

you can set the default domain(s) of your gatekeeper to mydomain.com,
so "foo" and "foo@xxxxxxxxxxxx" both match the request:

[Gatekeeper::Main]
DefaultDomain=mydomain.com

Regards,
Jan

gacmb5 gacmb5 wrote:
> I have the following issue:
> On our internal network we have a Tandberg device.
> >From the internet we call this device through our GnuGK in proxy/routing mode
>
> The internal Tandberg register itself by the gatekeeper with "tandberg".
> When we use PacPhone on the internet we can call this device with:
> "tandberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
> When we use another Tandberg on the internet and call the same
> <user>@<domain> this doesn't work.
> >From the logfile it looks like pacphone is calling "tandberg"
>         destinationAddress = 1 entries {
>           [0]=h323_ID  8 characters {
>             0000 0000 0000......             tandberg
>
> and Tandberg is calling "tandberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
>         destinationAddress = 1 entries {
>           [0]=h323_ID  21 characters {
>             0000 0000 0000 0000 ..........   tandberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>           }
>         }
>
> So I changed the registation name (H323 ID) of the internal Tandberg to
> "tandberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx".
>
> Now Tandberg (internet) can call Tandberg (internal) but
> pacphone (internet) can't call Tandberg (internal).
> from the logfile: Socket  Name lookup of "tandberg" failed: errno=4
>
> As a workaround the Tandberg now registers itself with two names:
> tandberg and tandberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Is there another, more logical way to achieve this?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> GacmB

Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev