Re: Cryptotokens, CallUnregisteredEndpoints

Lukasz

I'm a little confused. Are you referring to calling into a Gatekeeper from
an Unregistered Endpoint or calling to an unregistered endpoint from a
registered endpoint. I am going to assume its the first one.

If so then
Refer to the manual
http://www.gnugk.org/gnugk-manual-8.html#ss8.1

Use
[Gatekeeper::Auth]
  <authrule> = SetupUnreg

This will check for a cryptoToken in the incoming setup message from an
unregistered caller. If there is not one then the unregistered caller is
refused admission. You will need a client that supports cryptoTokens in the
setup Message. PacPhone www.pacphone.com does (see
http://www.pacphone.com/getstart.htm#1.1.6 ).

not all cryptoTokens require OpenSSL support only H.235.1 (MD5 and CAT do
not). H.235.1 support was only recently added back to GnuGk and you will
need the CVS version of pwlib/OpenH323

How cryptoTokens work in RAS (unrelated to above which is call signalling)
is that the endpoint supplies a list of authentication methods it supports
to the gatekeeper in the registration process in the GRQ. The gatekeeper
returns back a list of common authentication mechanisms (both support) in
the GCF and then the endpoint uses one or more of these in the RRQ to
register with the gatekeeper. This is fully supported in GnuGK.

If you are using GnuGk v2.2.6 (with pwlib/OpenH323 CVS) you can control
which authenticators to use. MD5 is not that secure so you might opt to
remove it. So you can set.

[Gatekeeper::Main]
Authenticators=H.235.1,CAT

Note: Not all endpoints support H.235.1 but almost all support MD5 so use
it with caution.

Simon