Re: Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

El jueves, 4 de septiembre de 2014, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On 09/04/2014 09:07 PM, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> El jueves, 4 de septiembre de 2014, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
>>> No, it's really not unfair at all. You are basically saying Andrew is
>>> doing a crappy job as a maintainer
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
> <guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> No, I am definitely NOT saying that, nothing even close. Please don't put
>> your words in my mouth, thank you.
>
> Of course you are saying that. Why else would you even bring up the
> issue of finding a "competent successor" which implies that Andrew is
> no longer interested in GNU Classpath and neglecting its maintenance?

Whoa Pekka, be nice.  Let's just assume that Guillermo is sincere, and
he wants to help.

Thank you Andrew. Yes I am sincere and want to help.

The problem isn't competence.  All of us are competent.  It's a lack of
time.

Yes. Never wanted to suggest the opposite.

All of us, I believe, have day jobs, and none of them are in GNU
Classpath development.

> El jueves, 4 de septiembre de 2014, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
>>> Once you answer the hypothetical question *who* should
>>> be the successor, you will understand why.
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
> <guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I see, so if I don't have the answer, the question makes no sense. Ok.
>
> You didn't even try to answer the question, did you?
>
> If Andrew actually needed a "competent successor" (he doesn't), what
> is required of that person? The person needs to be an active
> developer, needs to understand GNU Classpath well, and has to have
> support from people who actually developed the project, right?
>
> Are you able to make an educated guess who actually meets that criteria?

Guillermo, please.  You phrased your point badly, in a way that was likely
to annoy people.  I believe that you didn't want to do that.

Sorry for that. I apologize if my words annoyed anyone.  It was not my intention.

Guillermo

Everyone: let's have a proper discussion.  Is there something we can
do with GNU Classpath that takes it further forward.  And, if so,
what?  What would our goals be?

Andrew.