Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 18:17 +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez wrote:
> El 04/09/2014 14:14, Andïï escribió:
> > I'm aware of this and I see your point. The issue is that the web pages
> > rely on a tool called wml that seems to be no longer maintained and
> > I've simply not had chance to look at fixing it up myself or doing away
> > with it.
> >
> > If you want to do so, feel free. I can point you in the right direction.
>
> I was going to send a set of patches against the CVS repository that
> Mark Wielaard posted (http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/classpath/?root=classpath)
>
> I don't really see the point of "fixing" an obsolete tool that is no
> longer maintained. Can't we update the HTML pages directly (short term
> solution) and then later decide on what to do with WML ?
>
> If patching the HTML files is OK (that's what I understood from Mark's
> e-mail) I will do that.

I admit that I don't really like doing that. But when I looked for my
working copy of WML I noticed it doesn't actually work anymore on my
latest distro :{ And when looking for the latest version at
http://thewml.org/ the Distrib location is broken, so I don't actually
know where to get a source copy right now.

So we should probably move away from WML and find some other framework
to do the website it.

Given that we don't yet have that other framework it might be good to
just make the changes to the HTML files in the web repo directly. If you
do sent a patch for that please also sent a patch explaining the current
situation for the main git repo doc/www.gnu.org/README. So others know
to not try to update the website using the old WML framework. And please
note that the publishing rule in doc/www.gnu.org/Makefile relies on the
other docs one level up to publish the guides under
https://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/docs.html

Also, as a side note, I just noticed the webpages look bad under https,
they look fine under http though.

Thanks,

Mark