Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

On Mon, 2014-09-01 at 11:32 +0200, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> Hi Andrew,

> > On 29/08/14 11:00, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> >> Yes I know that anyone can work on GNU Classpath. But as in any OSS
> >> project, a new project maintainer taking over "ownership" (in the OSS
> >> sense of the word) would need to have the approval and the support of
> >> the current maintainers.
> >
> > That would not be a problem.  But really, there's no need to own
> > the project: all patches are welcome.
>
> Yes I am sure about this, but that is not my point. What I am saying
> is that it would be very good for the project to be maintained by a
> team who really wants to move things forward.

I understand what you mean, but the current maintainer has always
integrated patches and done releases, I think the problem is not the
lack of one maintainer willing to move forward, is lack of manpower to
do it.

As I said, anyone can step in, if patches start to flow (including bug
fixes) I'm sure they'll be integrated correctly and quickly.

If someone wants to take the project, the best thing to do is to start
contributing patches. After all, how can the maintainer know if someone
is seriously willing to take his role if there lack of a serious and
recent contribution flow?

Cheers,
Mario