Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez
<guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think that asking to "help rather than complain" is a bit unfair.

No, it's really not unfair at all. You are basically saying Andrew is
doing a crappy job as a maintainer when in reality he's pretty much
the only one developing GNU Classpath these days...

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez
<guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First of all I am not "complaining", I am trying to suggest that perhaps,
> if time and resources are limited, the best way to spend them would be to
> look for a successor.

Thanks for the suggestion. We're going to just ignore it because it
makes no sense. Once you answer the hypothetical question *who* should
be the successor, you will understand why.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez
<guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Second, I am willing to help in any way I can, and already stated that.
> Yes I can submit patches (and will do) although in my opinion this does
> not address the underlying problem. I think that updating the website
> (to help raise awareness and attract developers) would be much more
> useful than sending patches to fix bugs or issues.

I also think the website needs fixing. Are sources to it available
somewhere and who is able to update it if someone actually sends a
patch against it?

- Pekka