Re: Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

Hello Pekka,

El jueves, 4 de septiembre de 2014, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez
<guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think that asking to "help rather than complain" is a bit unfair.

No, it's really not unfair at all. You are basically saying Andrew is
doing a crappy job as a maintainer

No, I am definitely NOT saying that, nothing even close. Please don't put your words in my mouth, thank you.

 in reality he's pretty much
the only one developing GNU Classpath these days...

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez
<guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First of all I am not "complaining", I am trying to suggest that perhaps,
> if time and resources are limited, the best way to spend them would be to
> look for a successor.

Thanks for the suggestion. We're going to just ignore it because it
makes no sense.

Ok :)

Once you answer the hypothetical question *who* should
be the successor, you will understand why.

I see, so if I don't have the answer, the question makes no sense. Ok.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez
<guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Second, I am willing to help in any way I can, and already stated that.
> Yes I can submit patches (and will do) although in my opinion this does
> not address the underlying problem. I think that updating the website
> (to help raise awareness and attract developers) would be much more
> useful than sending patches to fix bugs or issues.

I also think the website needs fixing. Are sources to it available
somewhere and who is able to update it if someone actually sends a
patch against it?

That's what I asked as well.

Guillermo

--