Re: Using Classpath on the Sun VM

>>>>> "Blake" == Blake Meike <bmeike@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Blake> The follow-on, of course, is "is there a cookbook/suggested-toolset
Blake> for porting apps?"  Is there someone with experience doing this, who
Blake> could share hints.  (... do I have the wrong list?)

There's some info on the wiki about common application problems,
mostly involving use of 'sun.*' APIs.

Usually I bring up a new application in the most obvious way: try it
and then debug what doesn't work :-)

Blake> Why is rt.jar/glibj.zip a single library?

I'm not sure if there's a particular reason.  Probably a combination
of history, ease of setting up the build, ease of not having to figure
out a sensible way to divide it, plus compatibility with (perhaps some
old version of :) the JDK.

Blake> Would it not make integration easier if it were divided into
Blake> the Classpath jar/zip, and a Kaffe glue jar/zip?  Jes askin'...

Perhaps one of the Kaffe maintainers can reply.

Tom