Re: Using Classpath on the Sun VM

>>>>> "Blake" == Blake Meike <bmeike@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Blake> I have a largish application that runs well under the Sun JRE.  I'm
Blake> interested in porting it to Kaffe/Classpath.  My first attempts have
Blake> failed in some surprising ways, and I'm anticipating an extended
Blake> struggle ;)

:)

Blake> I would like to know if anyone has tried using the Classpath class
Blake> libraries on the Sun JVM.

Not that I know of.

Blake> Error occurred during initialization of VM
Blake> java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/ref/FinalReference

Offhand I would guess that this is a Sun-specific internal class that
the VM wants.  Since Classpath doesn't provide it you either have to
modify the VM, or figure out what this class does and add it to
Classpath.

I'd imagine this is just the first of many such cases...

Tom