Re: Using Classpath on the Sun VM

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Blake" == Blake Meike <bmeike@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Blake> I would like to know if anyone has tried using the Classpath class
Blake> libraries on the Sun JVM.

Not that I know of.

The FAQ obliquely implies this but your confirmation will save me a lot of time. Much appreciated.

The follow-on, of course, is "is there a cookbook/suggested-toolset for porting apps?" Is there someone with experience doing this, who could share hints. (... do I have the wrong list?)

And, finally, somewhat unrelated:

Why is rt.jar/glibj.zip a single library? Would it not make integration easier if it were divided into the Classpath jar/zip, and a Kaffe glue jar/zip? Jes askin'...

Many thanks,
  Blake Meike