Using Classpath on the Sun VM

Hi,
I have a largish application that runs well under the Sun JRE. I'm interested in porting it to Kaffe/Classpath. My first attempts have failed in some surprising ways, and I'm anticipating an extended struggle ;)

I would like to know if anyone has tried using the Classpath class libraries on the Sun JVM. I'm hoping this is possible so that I can use my standard debugging environment (Eclipse) during the porting process.

I've tried a few obvious things with -Xbootclasspath:... with no success. At this point, am failing at:

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/ref/FinalReference

If anyone else has tried this and either knows how to do it, or knows that it is impossible, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks
  Blake Meike